In 1994, 24-year-old marketing graduate Jeremy Moon was introduced to a New Zealand merino sheep farmer. Shortly after that meeting he put together an ambitious business plan to develop the world's first merino layering system for the outdoors, and creating a global business in the process.
Icebreaker clothing is made from merino wool grown in New Zealand's Southern Alps, where the weather can be extreme. Merino wool isn't manufactured in a lab, it's grown in harsh elements. This isn't your grandma's wool blanket, merino wool is extremely soft and comfortable to the touch. It breathes naturally, wicks moisture away from your skin and resists odors. Take a look at some of our favorites.
1. Icebreaker RF260 Cascade Jacket - Merino Wool, Full Zip, Long Sleeve - a midweight natural alternative to synthetic fleece. Made of 100%merino wool.
2. Icebreaker Junior Bodyfit 200 Oasis Base Layer Top - Merino Wool, L/S (For Toddler and Kids) - the ideal first layer of warmth next your little one's sensitive skin.
3. Icebreaker Tech Zip Neck Shirt - UPF 30+, Merino Wool - a versatile, high-performance layering option for a wide range of outdoor sports.
4. Icebreaker Everyday Base Layer Top - breathes naturally, wicks moisture and helps to regulate your body temperature from town to trail.
5. Icebreaker Carve GT 320 Shirt - Full Zip, Long Sleeve - Hit the trails in this quick drying, temperature regulating jacket.
6. Icebreaker Everyday Base Layer Bottoms - a comfortable layer to keep you warm on all of your winter adventures.
Icebreaker Gear Giveaway
Would you like to win a FREE product from the Sierra Social Hub? Comment below letting us know what Icebreaker product you'd most like to receive for free. We'll pick one comment and send the winner the product of his or her choice. The winner will be contacted by email and announced on the blog after Thursday, December 25, 2014.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Open only to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules athttp://STP.me/BrandSpot for additional eligibility restrictions, prize descriptions/conditions, entry periods and complete details. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Sierra Trading Post, Inc. 5025 Campstool Rd., Cheyenne, WY 82007.
Would you like to double your odds of winning this giveaway? Share this link on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or pin it on Pinterest, then comment again to let us know where you shared it.