Everyone is president. This was one of the only rules of Marmot Club, a group created by two college students who would later go on to start a major outdoor brand. To become a member of Marmot Club, which was named after a highly social, mountain-dwelling ground squirrel, you needed to climb a glaciated peak with another member. Basically, this club was a means of exploring with friends, something that founders of Marmot (both the club and the brand) were passionate about doing.
The original Marmot duo began creating puffy jacket prototypes in their dorm room in the early '70s. Later they met a third outdoor-enthusiast who joined them in opening a rental and retail shop in Colorado, and Marmot was officially born. But the big break for this brand came a few years later when a Clint Eastwood movie featured over 100 Marmot puffy jackets.
Marmot has been perfecting its craft over the past 40 years, creating quality jackets, apparel and outdoor gear for experts and enthusiasts alike. Sierra Trading Post offers Marmot products at low prices to help you get out there and discover more. Take a look at some of the Marmot gear that is currently available on Sierra Trading Post's website.
1. Marmot Crux Jacket - Waterproof (For Women): This waterproof jacket will keep you dry when the weather isn't cooperating. Reinforced shoulder inserts provide extra durability for backpackers, and an athletic fit is tailored for your love of being active outside.
2. Marmot Julia Down Jacket - 800 Fill Power (For Women): Cold temperatures don't stand a chance against this puffy down jacket. With an 800 fill power, a toasty hood and the ability to pack down for easy carry, this could quickly become your go-to jacket for cold outdoor adventure. A unique hexagon stitch and abrasion-resistant fabric are bonuses to this warm down jacket.
3. Marmot Furlong Soft Shell Vest (For Women): This soft shell vest was designed for performance and style. The functionality of this wind and water resistant vest is on par with the fashionable faux-fur hood lining, making it perfect for exploring the trails or the town.
4. Marmot Cornice Gore-Tex® Jacket - Waterproof (For Men): This Gore-Tex® shell is a durable, waterproof jacket fit for the nastiest of conditions. A zip-off storm hood and a chin guard on the collar offer extra protection against the elements.
5. Marmot Ares Down Jacket - 600 Fill Power (For Men): For a warm down jacket that's easily transportable, look no further than the Marmot Ares Down Jacket. This 600 fill power duck down coat packs into its own pocket, making it perfect for trips with potentially cool weather.
6. Marmot Alpinist Tech Fleece Jacket (For Men): Stay warm in cool weather with this midweight fleece from Marmot. With an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio and an unrestricting arm construction, this base layer has what it takes to help you stay moving this winter.
Enter our raffle below for a chance to win Marmot apparel from Sierra Trading Post. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Open only to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules at http://STP.me/BrandSpot for additional eligibility restrictions, prize descriptions/conditions, entry periods and complete details. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Sierra Trading Post, Inc. 5025 Campstool Rd., Cheyenne, WY 82007.
Marmot Brand Spotlight and Giveaway
By Lauren Seidl
January 14, 2016
Join the Conversation