Brooks-Range Mountaineering 45°F Cloak Down Sleeping Bag - 850 Fill Power
About Brooks-Range Mountaineering 45°F Cloak Down Sleeping Bag - 850 Fill Power
Closeouts. As an ultimate fast-and-light sleeping solution or even as a comfort-focused option for car camping, the Brooks-Range 45°F Cloak down sleeping bag is a quilted design that offers the warmth you need without the excess weight and bulk of a conventional sleeping bag. Filled with premium down that's treated with DownTek® to keep the down clusters drier and improve insulation value, this down quilt is a great way to reduce pack size and weight.
Specs about Brooks-Range Mountaineering 45°F Cloak Down Sleeping Bag - 850 Fill Power
- Insulation material: Goose down treated with DownTek®
- Insulation fill power: 850
- Fill weight: 6.5 ounces
- Temperature rating: 45°F / 7°C
- Shell material: Nylon
- Lining material: Nylon
- Fits to: 6'
- Dimensions: 40' wide at the top; 28' wide at the foot
- Length: 74"
- Stuff size: 13.5x5"
- Stuff sack: Yes
- Storage sack: Yes
- Weight: 13 oz.
- Recommended use: Family camping,Backpacking
- Made in China
- Visit our Sleeping Bag Guide
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Bag? No, not a bagVerified Buyer Reviewed by Millie from Pdx on Thursday, June 22, 2017The Cloak Down Sleeping Bag is not a bag. It is a narrow down blanket. I didn't understand this until I got it in the mail. I search for the opening for quite a while until my husband (while laughing) explained to me, I won't find one. So as for a single person blanket it's very soft 'n smooshy & certainly long enough. But as for a bag, well as I stated above (no bag). I am disappointed. If only I could get inside it, I would've loved it (It definitely needs it's other half-The part that is missing.). I hope they rename it to "Narrow Down Throw" Just leave off the word bag.
NOTE: I did not return it. It'll be just fine for a recliner throw. But now I'm back to square one: I still need to buy a sleeping bag.
not really a bag, nice quilt thoughVerified Buyer Reviewed by Scoutmaster from Atlanta on Wednesday, June 7, 2017was expecting a way to close it up. It is lightweight and comfortable.
Very niceVerified Buyer Reviewed by StargazerAl from Texas on Wednesday, May 31, 2017I own this and several other Brooks-Range goods ( two jackets and another down bag). All their products I have used are very top notch.This blanket is gorgeous - high quality down and luxurious material that is well sewed and shaped. i have the 45 version and it is great but the temp rating is a little optimistic. I've used it in the 40's with just shorts and was chilled but not too cold to sleep.The the sewn footbox is a nice touch that makes this quilt easy to keep you covered all night or flip[ it over and just have a flat blanket you can easily uncover your feet to regulate heat. I really like it for summer/spring lite camping. Sierra Trading is a great source for great deals on quality products.
Hmmmm.....Verified Buyer Reviewed by didee99 from CO on Monday, April 24, 2017I ordered this item then when I received it, I wished I had purchased the 30F cloak bag. The 45 cloak is really thin and the feathers not well distributed. Upon weighing the item I agree with the previous reviewer that it comes in at 16oz and not the 13oz listed in the specs. I ended up returning this and ordering the 30F version and I am much happier with this "bag".
One size does not fit allReviewed by Igor the Igor from California on Sunday, April 2, 2017I bought two of this quilts recently - for me and for my wife... Quality is really good – it is very lofty, fabric is incredibly nice to the touch, stitching is perfect. They did a good job to decrease drafts – there are baffles all over the perimeter. So first impression was very positive.
But there are two issues I found after testing it.
1. I wish there will be “large” size available. My wife is 5'10” closing size 8-10 – and quilt is roomy for her. I'm 6'3” and it is short – in description it was mentioned it fits up to 6', so no complains here. But I'm 44” in chest I wish it will be wider – when I lay on my side and cover my shoulder it is long enough to touch the ground, but I'll be on sleeping pad or have puffy jacket on me – it will leave gap. It is still usable either if you do not cover your shoulders and sleep in a puffy jacket or if you sleep on your side and do not straighten out your legs completely, but I wish it be 3" longer and 3" wider.
2. According to my digital kitchen scales weight is 440g for the quilt – it is 15.5oz, not 13oz. If you add stuff sack coming with it (13g) – you will get a pound exactly. This is true for both of my quilts.
Overall – very nice quilt if size is right for you and 2.5oz overweight is OK.
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.