Columbia Sportswear Premier Packer Omni-Heat® Hoodie Sweatshirt - Insulated (For Men)
About Columbia Sportswear Premier Packer Omni-Heat® Hoodie Sweatshirt - Insulated (For Men)
Closeouts. So much more than a hoodie, but even more comfortable, Columbia Sportswear's Premier Packer hoodie sweatshirt is packable, lightweight and super warm, thanks to lofty, compressible Omni-Heat® insulation and thermal reflective lining.
Specs about Columbia Sportswear Premier Packer Omni-Heat® Hoodie Sweatshirt - Insulated (For Men)
- Closure: Zipper,YKK®
- Zipper: Right
- Length: 28" (based on size large)
- Fabric: 100% nylon
- Lining: 100% polyester
- Insulation: 50% polyester, 50% recycled polyester
- Care: Machine wash, tumble dry
- Omni-Shield®, Omni-Heat®
- Total weight: 1 lb. 4 oz.
- Made in Viet Nam
- Visit our Down vs. Synthetic Guide
- US shipments only
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Reviewed by Canyon Man from Eldo Co. on Sunday, December 15, 2013Far warmer than you would expect. Lite weight and true to size. Great coat.
Reviewed by mg from bozeman on Friday, December 13, 2013Lightweight and surprisingly warm. Fit is as sized.
Reviewed by twoclippedwings from Charlotte, NC on Monday, December 9, 2013This coat got its trial run this past weekend in Minneapolis at -11 degrees. Quite comfortable.
I am a flight attendant so live on the road and deal with various climates. I was looking for a lightweight compact effective coat. This is it. I am a plus size so bought the men's coat. It fits great. Love that it has a hood, soft hand pockets and comfortable collar to prevent zipper chafing. This coat is as light as a feather and it is hard to believe that technology allows it to be as warm as it is. The ONLY minor downside is the swishing sound from the technology (lining). Very pleased with this purchase.
Reviewed by VanceOnTheInternet from NW Arkansas on Wednesday, November 13, 2013I have had this jacket about a year now. It got use last winter and early spring, and I have just started wearing it again the last two weeks. For reference, 12-15 degrees is about as cold as it gets where I live, and that's just a few days a year. I'm 5'11, 175lbs, and I bought a medium.
- This jacket is warm down to the upper 20s by itself for short periods of time.
- Extremely light, and very pack-able. Feels lighter than another insulated Colombia jacket I have, my lightweight soft shell, and my hard shell. Easily the lightest jacket i have. I have too many jackets.
- Breathes well, it can actually be worn like a hoody and not overheat you (I wouldn't consider myself of a hot or cold nature, but my office is cold all the time).
- Athletic fit without constricting movement.
- Blocks wind very well.
- Smooth finish is not is not glossy, looks nice, and makes layering under a shell easy. Smooth inner sleeves as well.
- warm fuzzy hand pockets
- Combine this with base-layer, a light mid-layer (light wool sweater maybe) and a light shell, you have a very warm, weather-proof combination without feeling weighed down. Yesterday morning, we hit 17 degrees here in NW Arkansas, I was comfortable on my walk to work (at least my upper body was!).
- A little noisy. It seems most insulated jackets I have had or tried on were a little noisy, but the outer and inner fabric both are a little noisy than most. Not a deal breaker.
- Blue is actually a deep purple to my eyes. Maybe a blurple. I'll give it blurple. If you combine with the blurple and the shiny, emergency blanket-like omni heat, it can look a bit feminine. If I had ordered any other color, it wouldn't be an issue.
- Inner "omni-heat" has started to come off the insides of the sleeves. This is my biggest gripe with this jacket (the purple is up there though). My watch caused a spot to wear off, and that may have started it. It is especially bad if damp bare skin touches it. I wore it with just a tshirt as a makeshift wind breaker on too warm of a day, sweated a little, and when I took it off I looked like I got ambushed by glitter commandos. I don't even really mind that it is coming off, I don't think it will affect the performance much. It's the fact that everyone keeps asking me if I have glitter lotion on. That's exactly what it looks like.
I gave it four stars, but I wanted to give it 3.5. I like the jacket, and I will keep wearing it, but I am hoping the omni-heat wears off the sleeve completely and stops glittering me.
Reviewed by Bob in NH from New Hampshire on Sunday, November 10, 2013I have read varying reviews on the product but I am one who likes the Omni-Heat line by Columbia. I now own the Ski pants, a fleece pant, gloves, ski jacket, slippers and now the above mentioned hoodie all with Omni-Heat lining. Most people don't give the product a chance to perform as it should. At first you may not feel the heat process but after worn for a short period the reflective lining starts maintaining you body heat without you overheating. The product breathes so you don't really sweat. Don't mistake the product for providing you with all kinds of warmth and heat, it doesn't do quite like that but you will see that it maintains your present condition of comfort and warmth. Not sure how it would work for a person that is always cold. I am one that can work up a sweat and am used to wearing very little under ski clothes anyway, so this is ideal for me.
I found a product I like and went with it in a big way. Was used to buying North Face and other big names exclusively but like what Columbia has to offer and with a better price. This Jacket is the 2nd one I own in a different style along with my ski jacket......so yes I'm a fan. I learned that if you like something get another before its discontinued and you can't get it anymore, especially at STP's sale prices..
I recommend it, but we're all made different! I had to return the first one ordered as the size L ran smaller than it should, ordered up to a XL and fits perfect in this style jacket, where most of the time a L is sufficient. Keep this in mind when ordering if you are size 42 chest.
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.
Sorry there is not a temperature rating.
Most manufacturers do not have temperature ratings for their garments or footwear due to the number of factors that affect how warm a garment may keep you. This item is designed to be used as a layering piece. The following buying guides may offer some insight to help you dress properly for any environment.