About DaKine Jewel 26L Backpack (For Women)
Closeouts. Leave it to DaKine to satisfy a woman's need for pattern and color. Cuteness abounds in DaKine's Jewel 26L backpack, and it's practically organized, too. The large main compartment stows books, binders, clothing and shoes, and the padded laptop compartment (up to 14" laptop) has a side access pocket for easy retrieval. Other amenities include plush-lined sunglass pocket, insulated cooler pocket and organizer.
Specs about DaKine Jewel 26L Backpack (For Women)
- Capacity: 1600 cu.in.
- Carry options: Backpack
- Laptop compartment: Yes
- Laptop compartment fits up to: 14"
- Material: Polyester
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 19x12x9"
- Weight: 1 lb. 15 oz.
- Made in China
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by AKBirdie from Alaska on Monday, September 25, 2017I love all the pockets and it's a great size.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Bayrard from Colorado on Friday, September 8, 2017My daughter loves this new backpack. She is in 8th grade and it has good space for all of her books and binders. We own a few dakine bags and have been happy with them through the years.
Reviewed by natalieg from Sisters, OR on Monday, August 28, 2017DaKine thinks of everything with this backpack! Not only do you get such a fun array of fabric patterns to choose from, every single pocket and feature has been so well thought out. I bought two of these for my daughters (late elementary school and middle school) and let me tell you, after years of buying high end school bag after school bag, the Jewel backpack is our winner.
• SPACE! the main compartment is large enough to fit their books/binders/folders AND an extra drawstring bag holding after school activities gear (dance, soccer, etc). It's proportionately tall, too. This enables you to place heavier books/binders in AND still have room to toss something on top- like that jacket you needed in the morning, or the extra gym shoes you need on Tuesdays.
• LAPTOP COMPARTMENT! the padded laptop compartment is perfect for the chromebook my middle schooler needs to carry around. The side access zipper allows her to get it out while having one backpack strap over her shoulder. This makes it so easy on the go between classes as well as to and from her locker. Not only does it have a laptop sleeve, this compartment also has a lined iPad sleeve. Bam. I feel a lot better about my kids transporting these types of expensive electronics around (when they need to!) with a safe, secure place to store them.
• INSULATED COOLER POCKET! this one I was on the fence about until the bag arrived. In researching other sites trying to figure out exactly how much this pocket would hold, I read conflicting accounts. One site stated it held one can of soda; another claimed three. My hope was it could replace the need for a separate padded lunch bag. Good news-- for us it can! Now, I wouldn't say my husband (the hungry man he is) would be able to replace his ginormous Stanley cooler tote with this bag, but for kids or even me, this is a perfect solution. This pocket is roughly 8.5"x10"x3". My girls carry to school a bento box-like plastic lunch container (spill proof and with dividers- enough space for a sandwich/bagel, fruit, snacks, etc), a few packaged items (granola bars, fruit snacks, etc), and a slim freezable ice pack to keep things cool. IT ALL FITS. #winning
• MESH SIDE POCKETS. A pet peeve of mine is those fishnet-like side pockets for water bottles. Somehow they always seem to snag on stuff and get all ripped apart. DaKine's pockets on this bag are a smooth, stretchy fine mesh, reducing the snag-ability.
• POCKETS! the top outside pocket is so well organized. Lined spot for a phone (or, ehem, graphic calculator), pens/pencils, inside zippered portion for loose items or lunch money, and outside zippered pocket for quick access. The lined sunglasses pocket is really nice to have.
Overall? All great! The fabric is substantial, the patterns are so cool, the lining is fun, the zippers are sturdy, and it's a good overall size. In summary, I couldn't be more pleased and know my girls are stoked as well. Plus a lifetime warranty from DaKine? Yes please.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Eliza D from Wisconsin on Thursday, May 18, 2017I have needed a new backpack for nearly a year now, and this one fit the bill for me! It's cute, comfortable, and doesn't overwhelm my small frame like my old backpack did. As a college student, I love the separate laptop compartment, it makes classes far easier. If you're like me and take notes on your laptop, the ease of access that this backpack allows is excellent! Overall, good, high quality backpack at a great price!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Kate from Hawaii on Sunday, February 26, 2017This pack is not a good hiking pack, better for a school backpack.
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.
“What is the design on the interior fabric? I am looking on one for my son and am hoping they aren't all florals...”
All of the ones that I looked at were solid colors inside. They were all black and then a color to match the outside. The most "boy-like" ones in my opinion would be either color Lizzie (24) which has a black and red interior, or color Nevada (25) which has a black and blue interior.
The one I purchased for my 8th grade daughter is solid color on the inside. It has a turquoise fabric lining most of the interior.
“How well does this backpack handle rain?”
This may have some water resistance, but is not waterproof.