About Edelrid Mega Jul Sport Belay Kit
Closeouts. Specially designed for slicker belaying -- even with heavy, thicker ropes -- Edelrid's Mega Jul Sport belay kit enables the rope to be paid out quickly to the leader by holding it open with your thumb.
Specs about Edelrid Mega Jul Sport Belay Kit
- Material: Stainless steel, aluminum
- Capacity: Rope Capacity: 7.8-10.5 mm
- Weight: 2.3 oz.
- Strength: Major axis: 22kN; Minor axis: 8kN; Open gate: 7kN
- Made in Czech Republic
- Visit our Climbing Gear Guide
- Climbing activities are inherently dangerous; we recommend getting proper instruction on its correct and safe use -- for any refund, climbing gear must be returned in its original packaging/coil, and have original hangtags and plastic wrapper
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 4-Star Review
Reviewed by Jed from Virginia on Friday, March 9, 2018This is smoother for feeding and rapping than the original Mega Jul. It still takes a little time to get used to, but since it's basically a tuber, it's easier to transition to than a Grigri. It's been great for belaying anyone who will be hanging on a route, to give my brake hand a break. For rapping, I use a keylock biner as a lever, and appreciate the auto-locking feature for being able to safely stop and hang out hands-free at any point.
I use the included locker for my PAS, as the wire keeps it attached to the sling.
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.