About Esbit Stainless Steel Coffee Maker - 8 fl.oz.
- Ideal for backcountry travel
- Brews coffee and tea
- Stainless steel construction
- Stand fits into cup for compact, easy transport
- Holds one cup (8 fl.oz.)
- Extra-fine filter
- Receptacle with safety valve
- Flame extinguisher
- Easily lit with Esbit solid fuel (not included)
- Includes mesh bag
- Height: 7"
- Diameter: 3"
- Capacity: 240ml (8 fl.oz.)
- Weight: 9.8 oz.
- Material: Stainless steel and steel
- Made in China
Specs about Esbit Stainless Steel Coffee Maker - 8 fl.oz.
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Reviewed by HokieTrax from Mountains of SW Virginia on Monday, February 26, 2018I got this with the thought of using it with an alcohol stove under but the way it's designed, it would need to be a very tiny one. It might be able to be used on a canister stove but you will need to be holding the cup to catch the coffee when it perks out. It's too heavy for backpacking. Camping would work. Was going to return it but went past the 90 days.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by steve from San Antonio, TX on Monday, January 7, 2013I like it
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Teuton from Rapid City, SD on Wednesday, November 28, 2012Wanted it for boy scout campouts with grandson....
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Bill from PNW on Tuesday, September 4, 2012The little Esbit fuel stove is the best feature - offers multiple uses - in addition to the coffee maker that makes a great cup of coffee.
- Best Uses: Backpacking, Hiking
- Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer
- Pros: Compact, Durable, Lightweight
- Was this a gift?: No
- What Is Your Gear Style: Comfort Driven
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Mamapedrad from Traverse City MI on Sunday, June 17, 2012I had to send this back because I didn't want to have to buy special fuel tablets forever. Looks good but it would be impractical.
- Cons: Can use only outdoors, Needs special fuel tablet
- Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational
- Pros: Compact, Durable
- Was this a gift?: No
- What Is Your Gear Style: Minimalist
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.
It is placed over a flame, the stand has an opening to place the solid fuel.
“It's not clear to me how this coffee maker works. Is it like a stove top espresso pot, with the coffee coming out that pipe on the side? Does the coffee stay in the pot and then pour out that tube?”
It is similar to a perk a lator. It is a spout to pour from on the side.
Here is a youtube video of the coffee maker in action. http://youtu.be/zCurMiSsjsw