About Giro Hex Bike Helmet
Closeouts. Giro's Hex bike helmet locks in an improved fit with the one-handed Roc Loc 5 system and delivers progressive style designed for aggressive trail riding.
Specs about Giro Hex Bike Helmet
- Fit system: Roc Loc® 5
- Construction: In-Mold technology
- Number of vents: 21
- Bike/Skate: CE,CPSC,EN 1078
- Weight: 11 oz.
- Material: (expanded polystyrene) liner
- Gender: Women
- Recommended use: Mountain bike
- Made in China
- Visit our Helmet Guide
- US shipments only
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Eric from Aomori, Japan on Monday, July 7, 2014Very nice helmet, some things about it are slightly off.
FIT: I bought a small, despite being *just slightly* larger than their recommended small-sized head. I decided to go small because I own other Giro Small helmets and they fit fine. It is indeed like I thought-- their recommended head sizes are listed a little smaller than true. You can be *slightly* larger than a recommended size and still fit it comfortably-- no problem.
ROC LOC 5 SYSTEM: Great. It is simple, fast, and fits the helmet very snugly to your head. Using the locking system in the back alone, my helmet doesn't move around. I feel very safe.
STRAPS: Here's the catch.
1) Despite having a head "too big for a small," the straps come HUGE! For now, I have a rubber band holding down my strap because I had to tighten it soo much that the extra strap slaps my ears when I'm biking faster than 5 MPH. NOT COOL. So, I'll have to cut that off, and burn it so the strap doesn't fray (not excited about the Jerry-rigging on my nice Giro helmet).
2) The straps aren't setup well. They naturally twist, and land sideways on your jawline (or cheek, depending on how you wear your helmet) rather than laying flat against your skin. I've owned CHEAP helmets who's straps lay flat better than this one. Very disappointed.
OVERALL: I will have to figure a way to fix my straps (2 problems!), as I almost dislike wearing my helmet despite the amazing breathability, and comfort on the head. Despite the odd straps, I'd suggest this helmet to anyone looking for a nice helmet who doesn't want to break the bank. Just make sure to get it on sale- I don't personally think it is nearly worth the retail price.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Nestor the mountain goat from Oxnard, Ca. on Friday, April 25, 2014Lightweight and plenty of air vent, also the best price you can get only from Sierra Trading Post.
Reviewed by kmwj from Wyoming on Monday, March 10, 2014Until I get in an accident I can't say how well it will ultimately function, but it fits well, is light and provides good visibility and air flow
Reviewed by Ethan biker from Virginia on Thursday, March 6, 2014Fits very well. Easy to adjust
Reviewed by Livetrout from California on Friday, December 27, 2013Fine helmet, great visor, lots of protection; perfect for mountain biking.
I got the XL, but it was just a bit too wide. Also the back-of-head adjustment is hard to use. I have had other similar adjustment types (including Giro) that were MUCH easier to use, so I don't understand the company's reasoning to make this action more difficult. I had to return.
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.