Granite Gear Lutsen 55L Backpack - Internal Frame
About Granite Gear Lutsen 55L Backpack - Internal Frame
Closeouts. Granite Gear's Lutsen 55L backpack is the king of customization: The Re-Fit system lets you adjust torso length and hip width for maximum comfort that's tailored to the specifics of your body. The Lutsen shines in other departments too, with pockets and straps to store all your essential trail gear, a water-resistant DWR coating to protect your stuff from rain, and a complete reservoir-enabled setup for on-demand hydration.
Specs about Granite Gear Lutsen 55L Backpack - Internal Frame
- Adjustable torso: Yes
- Pack material: 100 denier nylon, 210 denier ripstop nylon
- Frame type: Internal
- Frame material: Molded polycarbonate framesheet
- Hydration compatible: Yes
- Pack loading: Top
- Ice tool/trekking pole loops: Yes
- Recommended use: Backpacking Multiday,Backpacking Weekend
- Volume liters: 55L
- Dimensions: 23x12x8"
- Pack capacity: 3356 cu.in.
- Weight: 3 lb. 3 oz.
- Fits torsos: 18-22"
- Made in China
- Visit our Backpack Guide
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Great packVerified Buyer Reviewed by Sheila from Oregon on Tuesday, October 9, 2018This pack was an awesome value. Well placed pockets, plenty of room. The frame is sturdy and I love the adjustability of the frame AND the hip straps. It's made from what feels like pretty decent fabric. It's perfect for my 3 day backpacking trips.
MehVerified Buyer Reviewed by peonyjade from New York on Monday, June 25, 2018Got this for my husband's birthday. He has a 21.5" torso length and so we thought this pack in the L/XL size would work because it boasts to be adjustable to fit up to 22" torso. Sadly it was too short adjusted to it's maximum length and it still did not fit him at all so we returned it. Other things we did not enjoy about this pack were:
1) the front mesh compartment felt fairly stiff (as compared to many other packs with a similar feature) and so we felt like we wouldn't be able to put much things in there without ripping it at some point,
2) it has a dry bag style roll top closure which was fine but we just prefer the drawstring style.
3) the buckles clips feel kind of fragile and finicky for some strange reason (might be a personal preference thing).
We really wanted to like this pack and would have been ok with keeping it had the torso size fitted as advertised.
Comfortable for light loadsVerified Buyer Reviewed by Kahooli from Cincinnati on Monday, May 21, 2018It's a nice lightweight pack for lightweight packing. I used it last week for a 3 day journey in the desert. Had to carry a lot of water, so it started out at about 35lbs. It was more comfortable as I drank more water :) I'd say anything under 30 will feel perfect as long as you adjust it properly. The Lumbar/back pad is stiff as many say, but I think this is an advantage when adjusted well. It stayed glued to my back.
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.