“Is this mug microwave safe?”

Asked by Zak attak from On da Bayou, La. on 1/7/2015 4:19:11 AM
  • No. I never heard of any stainless steel product being safe in a microwave. Then again, I got rid of my microwave about 10 years ago.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 4:36:21 AM by Madison from NY
  • It is stainless steel. Usually people don't put metal objects in a microwave.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 4:43:56 AM by ChicagoWoman from Chicago,IL
  • No! Definitely not. It's made of steel.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 5:44:03 AM by Anonymous from Stamford
  • Hello Zak. I do not believe the stainless steel mug is microwave safe. Initially I didn't think so, and after checking the Internet, I would not use my stainless steel mug in a microwave. It seems that the microwaves bounce off the metal rather than allowing the microwaves to be transmitted. Sorry!
    Answered on 1/7/2015 6:07:28 AM by John the Kayaker from Hudson Valley, NY
  • It is made of stainless steel. NO!
    Answered on 1/7/2015 6:13:40 AM by robertO from Los Angeles
  • Its steel. Do not microwave. Never microwave metal. You'd kill the microwave and start a fire.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 7:27:49 AM by Andy in Atlanta from Atlanta
  • No, it's metal. s
    Answered on 1/7/2015 7:29:03 AM by Anonymous from Colorado
  • As it is stainless steel, NO! microwave ovens and metal do not go together.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 7:47:11 AM by Ed of Cedar from utah
  • no, metal objects may cause a fire in a microwave.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 7:48:20 AM by Camping Friend from Layton, Utah
  • Being steel, I would assume it is NOT for microwave use. It'd probably be OK over your campfire though.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 8:09:56 AM by OCULUS from Rensselaer, NY
  • No, I wouldn't put anything stainless steel in the microwave.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 8:13:16 AM by court in the canoe from the Ozarks
  • I dont think so
    Answered on 1/7/2015 8:32:54 AM by trophymountman from arizona
  • Hi Zak,
    No this mug is not microwave safe. It is stainless steel. You cannot put it into the microwave.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 8:35:22 AM by Sunil from Wilmington
  • NO......sparks will fly !!
    Answered on 1/7/2015 8:42:23 AM by Ryuichi from San Francisco. CA
  • It is not microwave safe!! It is metal and will damage your appliance and possibly yourself. DO NOT PUT IN MICROWAVE.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 10:03:07 AM by San Antonio Steve from San Antonio
  • No....this is a metal cup and cannot be put into a microwave.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 10:43:53 AM by Misha from la canada
  • NO
    Answered on 1/7/2015 12:24:54 PM by MacYoda from Dagobah
  • I would never put something metal in a microwave to find out so I would say no-metal is not OK in a microwave.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 12:48:32 PM by airehead from denver
  • It's stainless steel so i wouldn't even try.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 3:18:32 PM by Yooper Jim from Stevens Point WI
  • This cup is made from metal. It is not for microwave use at all.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 4:37:21 PM by RuralGrl from San Francisco
  • I have know idea. I don't put anything metal in the microwave. And don't really want to test it out. I would say no. Hope this helped.
    Answered on 1/7/2015 5:53:39 PM by Smokey Bear from Oregon
  • Because the mug is made out of stainless steel, it is not microwave safe. Metal plates/cups/utensils/et cetera should never be placed in a microwave.
    Answered on 1/9/2015 8:45:47 AM by jsutter from Southeast Ohio
  • I purchased this mug as a Channukah present for my niece's husband, so I do not know if it is microwaveable I myself would not put it into a microwave.
    Answered on 1/9/2015 1:04:17 PM by Tom likes trains. from Massachusetts
  • Generally not a good idea to put metal things in the microwave.....

    http://gizmodo.com/what-actually-happens-when-you-put-metal-in-a-microwave-1569906393
    Answered on 1/13/2015 3:19:43 PM by RyanE from Benicia, CA