About Johnstons of Elgin Merino Wool Scarf - Reversible
Closeouts. A sure cure for the dreary blearies, this colorful reversible scarf from Johnstons of Elgin is woven from warm, itch-free merino wool -- dyed and spun according to a centuries-old Scottish tradition.
- Johnstons of Elgin is a centuries-old family firm doing business in the far North of Scotland since 1797
- Using the finest wool fibers imaginable, fabrics are dyed, spun and washed in supersoft Highlands water for irresistible softness
- Pattern reverses from check to plaid
- Dimensions (LxW): 68x14" with 1" fringe
- Fabric: Merino wool
- Care: Dry clean
- Made in UK
Specs about Johnstons of Elgin Merino Wool Scarf - Reversible
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Dr. Acula from New Jersey on Saturday, February 18, 2012This is a really wonderful wool scarf from Johnston's. The material is soft and warm, it looks great, and it's reversible! I bought it in three different colors.
- Best Uses: Worn around your neck
- Pros: Not made in China, Reversible, Soft, Stylish, Warm
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Leeper from NE on Tuesday, January 24, 2012Product is not substantial as most other JOE items. The grey/red plaid is more of a burgundy hue than red, as we know it. Very thin and flimsy, however it is nice and warm.
- Cons: Thin and flimsy
- Pros: 100 Merino Wool, Material Composition
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Gizmo's Mom from Holland, MI on Tuesday, December 27, 2011Looks so nice around my neck with the two sides of the fabric showing. I love the look. Very soft around my neck and I will get many uses in our Michigan cold. Goes with an outfit to wear all day or just as a cold weather scarf when going outside.
- Best Uses: Warm scarf, With an outfit or just, With your warm coat as a
- Cons: Not Machine Washable
- Pros: Reversible looks so cool, Soft
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Mateo from State College, PA on Thursday, October 20, 2011Beautiful scarf! Two patterns, which gives it some extra "oomph." Very warm, very soft.
- Best Uses: Keeping your neck warm, Looking good
- Cons: Lint-y
- Pros: Soft, Stylish, Warm
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.
“Hello,||How thick is this scarf? The picture makes it look thin, and more for fall weather as opposed to winter/cold weather weather.”
The scarf is less than a 1/4 inch thick, so yes it is thin and would be great for fall conditions! We also have some great winter scarf's available!
The material is thin, but the soft wool is VERY warm. I love that it is not too bulky! The best of both...thin, yet warm a cozy! I highly recommend this scarf.