About Kelty Acadia 6 Tent - 6-Person, 3-Season
Closeouts. Kelty's Acadia 6 tent is a spacious dome tent with two vestibules that are roomy enough to store your entire group's gear. The freestanding design features well-ventilated mesh walls and an ArcEdge floor that protects you from the elements.
Specs about Kelty Acadia 6 Tent - 6-Person, 3-Season
- Seasons: 3-Season
- Capacity: 6+ People
- Packed weight: 16 lb.
- Pack size: 8x28"
- Peak height: 74"
- Floor dimensions: 96x120"
- Floor area: 80 sq.ft.
- Bathtub floor: Yes
- Tent floor material: 75 denier polyester with 1800mm polyurethane coating
- Number of doors: 2
- Number of vestibules: 2
- Vestibule area: 33 + 13 sq.ft.
- Number of poles: 3
- Tent pole material: Fiberglass & one hybrid ridge pole
- Tent wall material: 68 denier polyester
- Rain fly material: 75 denier polyester with 1800mm polyurethane coating
- Stakes: Steel
- Stuff sack: Yes
- Recommended use: Family camping
- Made in China
- Prop 65: This product contains a chemical or substance known to the state of California to potentially cause reproductive harm
- Visit our Tent Guide
- Cannot ship to Japan.
- Cannot ship to United Kingdom
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by S from Reno on Saturday, May 20, 2017I wanted to love this tent more than anything. I told myself that all the poor reviews were just people who were too rough on their tents or got ones from a bad batch.And who knows! Maybe I got one from a bad batch. But I took this tent out for one very tame night of camping and encountered the following issues:
1. One of the tent poles did not fit in the eyelet on the tent corner
2. When I put the pole in the tent fly, the pole connector snapped in half in the middle
3. The snapped hole put a hole in the top of the fly
4. 2 holes in mesh door
5. When taking down the tent, 2 of the eyelets on the corner of the body ripped out when the poles were pulled out
Now if the tent had been more durable it would have been pretty great! It was so tall, I could stand up straight no problems (I'm 5'9"). It did have a little loop at the top for hanging a lantern. Easily fit a queen mattress in there and could have fit another. Rain fly goes all the way to the bottom and did great with light rain. Temps got down to around 25 and had no warmth issues.
I was so in love with the good I considered keeping the tent and sending it back to Kelty for repairs. However you have to pay to ship back to them, and in their peak season it takes 8-10 weeks to get the repaired item back. Sadly I can't wait the whole camping season with no tent, so I sent this back to STP who of course was great about the returns.
I did however buy the 4 person version of this tent (listed on STP as the one with a stargazing fly) and was delighted to see it was the most current years version of this tent and different than pictured and I have much higher hopes for this one. They have definitely fixed the bad pole in the rain fly it seems. Only set that one up in the yard so we'll see how it holds but it seems much better made than this one was
Verified Buyer Reviewed by HeadHoles from Colorado on Tuesday, March 21, 2017It was as advertised. Easy set up and relatively compact for transportation. Nice tent for car camping. When delivered the shock cord in one of the poles was broken, so had to fix that, but I don't hold STP responsible for that.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Camp racer from Iowa on Tuesday, October 11, 2016More then happy