About Mountain Hardwear 20°F Pinole Sleeping Bag - Synthetic, Mummy
Closeouts. Mountain Hardwear's 20°F Pinole sleeping bag features offset quilt construction and Thermic MX insulation to maximize loft, compressibility and warmth in a lightweight package that's fit for the backcountry.
Specs about Mountain Hardwear 20°F Pinole Sleeping Bag - Synthetic, Mummy
- Insulation material: Polyester fiber batting
- Shell material: 50 denier nylon taffeta
- Lining material: 75 denier polyester
- Girth (shoulder/hip/foot): 62/58/38"
- Fits to: 6'
- Length: 78"
- Stuff size: 17x8"
- Stuff sack: Yes
- Weight: 3 lb. 3 oz.
- Recommended use: Backpacking
- Made in China
- Visit our Sleeping Bag Guide
- US shipments only
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Matt C from SLC, Utah on Friday, June 5, 2015Not a bad bag. Not a great bag either though... I just finished taking it on a 8 mile alpine overnight hike in the Wasatch Range and it performed well at 40 degree temps.
1. Packs and compresses well for being a synthetic bag
2. roomy and comfortable when inside.
3. As mentioned in other reviews, the fleece lined stuff sack is a nice touch. I put my jacket in there and it made a great pillow.
1. You can tell it is definitely NOT the quality that made MH famous. Since they have sold out and started making offshore products the quality has depreciated immensely.
2. zippers and drawstrings on this bag are not amazing. My stuff sack's drawstring refused to stay tightly closed. \
3. My bag (may or may not have been designed this way) had some sort of cheaply designed "integrated" connection between hood drawstring and the drawstring for the stuff sack. Making them a single attached unit. This was such a pain and took some tinkering to get them detached without breaking it.
Reviewed by cswatson98 from Cincinnati on Wednesday, April 29, 2015While several have commented that the zipper on this bag gets caught, I'm not having that issue. I purchased two of these bags, a left and right zip. They zip together to make a great pair of bags for any couple who are looking to have a joined bag. Overall, I'm very happy with this bag. My only complaint would be the stuff sack. While it is comfortable and can be used for a pillow, it doesn't compress at all like my other Mountain Hardwear sleeping bag compression sack. So, if that's not an issue for you, then I would highly recommend this bag. I purchased a couple Granite Gear Block Rock Solid Compression Sacks (size Medium) on sale.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by NCCamper from NC on Wednesday, March 11, 2015Packs down fairly small, fits my pack's bag compartment, for the price at Sierra Trading Post and its construction you can't beat it.
Reviewed by Charlene from Taiwan on Tuesday, April 9, 2013I had expected a synthetic bag to pack larger than a down one, but this one still packs a bit on the large side. The build is good though. I guess it would serve well on a camping trip.
Reviewed by Evan from MN on Tuesday, April 2, 2013This bag works well enough. I like the shape and fit, even if it is a tiny small for me. I am 5'10 and 185 lbs and it is about perfect. I'm assuming it loses some comfort when you try and make it light, which this bag is.
The stuff sack is nice. I like the fleece on the inside - this makes for a comfy pillow. I have always just put a comfy shirt over the stuff sack for a pillow, but this works better.
The zipper isn't the best, you can fiddle with it though and get it to work by grabbing it differently. It just likes to snag sometimes. Not having a draft guard in the bag sucks. No way around that.
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.
“Hello- what original model year is this Mountain Hardwear 20°F Pinole Sleeping Bag - Synthetic, Mummy ?”
Sorry, but I checked and the tags on the bag do not have a date. The bag is nicely constructed and is a great first time backpacking bag as it will compress fairly well and fit's my pack's (65L) sleeping bag compartment. For the price you can't beat it.