Customer Reviews Of:
Mountain Hardwear Ascent Air Perm Gaiters - Stretch (For Women)
Closeouts. Bushwhack to your heart's content in the protective comfort of Mountain Hardwear's Ascent Stretch Air Perm gaiters. A women-specific fit prevents snags and debris in your boots, and air-permeable panels keep your legs from overheating.
Average Rating based on 26 reviews 4.307692 0 5
Verified Buyer Reviewed by wilburwalker from boulder co on Tuesday, March 20, 2012I very difficult to snugly cinch the calf strap, far more so than on any other pair of gaiters I've owned.
- Cons: Difficult To Use, Does Not Stay In Place, Poor Design
- Describe Yourself: Professional, Rugged Outdoorsman, Serious Trekker
- Was this a gift?: No
Reviewed by Snow Leopard viewer from Northern California on Sunday, March 18, 2012I took these trekking in the Himalaya in February, and with these over my regular hiking boots, I was just fine. But I'm a size 7, ordered the medium, and they were huge. There was barely enough overlap on the velcro to close them.
- Best Uses: Backcountry, Cold Weather, Leg/Ankle Protection, Rocky Terrain
- Cons: Poor Fit
- Describe Yourself: Serious Trekker
- Pros: Easy To Use, Rugged, Water Resistant
- Was this a gift?: No
Verified Buyer Reviewed by gmay from yakima, wa on Sunday, February 26, 2012ok
- Best Uses: Backcountry, Cold Weather, Leg/Ankle Protection, Snow Sports
- Describe Yourself: Casual/Recreational, Rugged Outdoorsman, Serious Trekker
- Pros: Breathable, Easy To Use, Good Fit, Lightweight, Stay In Place
- Was this a gift?: No
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Sarge from Broadview Hts, OH on Thursday, February 16, 2012I do tons of hiking in mud trails and these have been terrific. No mud, water or snow got into my low cut hiking shoes or pant legs. I wonder how I got along without them!
- Pros: Adds some warmth, Protects from mud, Protects from Snow
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Ridgerunner from Knoxville, TN on Friday, February 10, 2012Nice Gaiters, durable construction, great fit. Seems to be true to size. They are adjustable for that good fit. Products your legs from below knee to top of boot. They are designed to be used with hiking boots. Great product.
- Best Uses: Backpacking, Hiking, Snow
- Pros: Adjustable, Good Fit, Sturdy Construction
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Lori the snowshoe queen from Manitowoc, WI on Friday, February 3, 2012I love not having to wear snowpants. We love to snowshoe, and I was tired of my pants getting all wet. With these gaiters, I don't have to worry. I don't get too hot wearing snowpants, and I don't get wet when I just wear my jeans, with the gaiters. Love them!!
- Best Uses: Sure beats snowpants
Verified Buyer Reviewed by StevensPassGal from Lake Wenatchee, WA on Wednesday, February 1, 2012Ordered up to fit calves, but then front hook, too far up boot to hook to laces. But they still work great. We literally got 7 feet of snow in 10 days here, and I was shoveling everyday, my fleece pants stayed dry.
- Best Uses: Snow Work Play
- Cons: Order up to fit calves
- Pros: Fits big calves, Great quality
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Peanut from Chicago, IL on Tuesday, January 31, 2012Having never worn gaiters before, it was suggested that I purchase a pair for hiking and snowshoeing. I was a bit skeptical about the usefulness of the product, but I decided to give it a try. I haven't hit any trails yet, but I did wear the gaiters out around the house for a few hours during the last snow fall (10"). The Velcro closure on the front of the gaiters makes them very easy to put on and take off. There is a little hook on the front of the gaiters that clips to your boot, which really helps keep snow out. I'm quite impressed with the materials and the construction of the gaiters as well. I'm quite certain that they will stand up to the abuse I'm going to put them through.
Also, since I'm vertically challenged, the cuffs of my pants tend to drag on the ground and get frayed/wet/gross. The gaiters keep my pants clean and undamaged. I'm a little disappointed with myself for not purchasing gaiters sooner.
- Best Uses: Hiking, Snowshoeing
- Pros: Adjustable, Durable, Good Fit
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Outdoor Escape from Cedar Falls, IA on Sunday, January 22, 2012I went snowshoeing yesterday for 4 miles. I worn my new boot gaiters; perfect fit, stayed in place, easy on and off and nice color combination. I will be wearing my gaiters while climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro the 1st of March!
- Pros: Easy to get on off, Nice color combination, Perfect Fit, Stayed in place
Verified Buyer Reviewed by ChefNathrop from Natrop, CO on Tuesday, January 10, 2012I use this to do weekly security checks aroung our neighborhood.
- Best Uses: Walking thru snow
- Pros: Easy to use, NO snow inside boots, Quick to put on, Works like is should