About National Geographic Weekend Explorer 3D Mapping Software
Closeouts. National Geographic's Weekend Explorer 3D Mapping Software provides you with easy computer access to detailed USGS maps of many popular travel destinations and their surrounding areas. Features include 3D views and fly-thrus, one-click elevation profiles and easy map printing.
- Includes hundreds of 1:24,000 scale seamless USGS maps
- Waypoints and grids are compatible with your handheld GPS
- Easily mark your own trails and waypoints
- 3D views and fly-thrus
- Printable custom maps
- One-click elevation profiles
- Roads and streets are updated annually
- Automatic software updates
- System requirements
- Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000 or XP
- 486 DX/66MHz PC or higher
- 64MB RAM + 8MB video memory
- Macintosh OS 10.2 or higher
- 350MHz G3 or better
- 128MB RAM + 16 MB video memory
- Supported GPS receivers:
- Works with most popular handheld receivers manufactured by Garmin, Magellan, Eagle, Lowrance and Suunto
- Direct link requires input/output capabilities and a PC cable
- Waypoints and routes will be transferred to your GPS unit, but maps cannot be transferred or viewed on your GPS unit
- Case dimensions: 7½x5-¼x½"
- Weight: 4 oz.
- Material: composite
- Made in USA
Specs about National Geographic Weekend Explorer 3D Mapping Software
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Reviewed by Rusty Lures from California on Wednesday, October 2, 2013incomplete product descrition
Reviewed by Irishman 245 from Gunnison, Colorado on Friday, July 12, 2013Print your own maps centered where you want them.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Rock Climber from Las Vegas, Nv on Wednesday, February 13, 2013does not replace maps. you have to print to many sections if you are going on a long trek. Great for day hikes and such.
Very good for tracking distance and scrolling on a computer instead of having your maps on the dinning table.
Bought it on sale, would not pay full price though
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Doodle Donkey from Arvada, CO on Friday, September 7, 2012All around great product. I love it. It makes planning your trips a breeze.
- Best Uses: Destination Inventing, Trip Planning
- Comfort vs Style: Comfort Driven
- Describe Yourself: Casual Dresser
- Pros: Easy to use, Great value
- Was this a gift?: No
Verified Buyer Reviewed by SQB from Denver CO on Thursday, January 12, 2012This product was a gift - my friend liked it!
- Primary use: Personal
- Travel Frequency: 6-10 Annual Trips
- Was this a gift?: Yes
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.
The copyright for the item is 2007.
It comes with the following cities/areas.San Fransico Bay Area,Denver Area/Front Range,Salt Lake City Area,Boston Area/Cape Cod,Seattle Area,Boise Area,Los Angeles Area, San Diego Area,Tucson Area,Portland Area ,Twin Cities/Boundary Waters ,Las Vegas Area.
It works with Mac OS 10.2 and higher.
This software works with Windows 95, 98,NT, ME, 2000 and XP.