About Ocean Kayak Big Yak Kayak - Sit-on-Top, 9'8"
2nds. The Ocean Kayak Big Yak is one of the best values in sit-on-top kayaks on the market. This fun, compact kayak offers a stable, highly maneuverable design that performs on all types of water.
- Padded seat with adjustable backrest
- Molded footrests
- Self-bailing scuppers
- Deck tie-down straps
- Cup holder
- Stern well
- Haul handles
- Weight capacity: 250 lb.
- Length: 9'8”
- Width: 34”
- Depth: 10”
- Weight: 47 lb.
- Material: Polyethylene
- 2nds. USA.
- Boats are cosmetic 2nds and may come with minor blemishes, not unlike those that will be incurred on the first outing. To ensure your satisfaction, please remove all packaging material immediately upon arrival, and inspect for damage prior to signing acceptance form from carrier. Note any damage on carrier's document, and contact Sierra Trading Post with any problems. Delivery Charge: $125. Must ship via truck within the continental U.S. only. Cannot be applied to special shipping offers.
- Visit our Kayaking Gear Guide
Specs about Ocean Kayak Big Yak Kayak - Sit-on-Top, 9'8"
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Reviewed by Chunkydunker from Loon Lake, Minnesota on Thursday, July 30, 2009These Big Yaks are affordable enough for my wife and I to each have our own kayak for our early morning float on the lake. While we had easy paddling on "smooth water" and stayed completely dry, I also took it out on a couple of windy days and it handled great. The only difference was that I got a bit wet from waves coming over the sides. It is easy to launch as it is lightweight and very stable, so stable in fact that I can stand up on it while adrift. And if you do go into the drink it is easy to pull yourself back aboard. Only drawbacks, if you can call them that, are less than perfect tracking and its width. As seems typical for sit-on-top kayaks, there is some "fish tailing", especially if you are paddling hard and fast. You may also want to use a longer paddle due to its width. I found a 240cm paddle worked better than my old 220 cm paddle did. Overall, I don't think that you will find a more fun SOT kayak for the money.
- Best Uses: Day Trips, Flat Waters
- Describe Yourself: Recreational
- Pros: Comfortable, Compact, Easy Entry & Exit, Easy To Lift, Easy to Paddle, Good Maneuverability, Stable
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.
Due to the nature of the closeout business, we often receive items in limited quantities. Therefore, popular sizes and colors can sell out quickly. Occasionally we are able to reorder a product, but closeout items are typically unable to be reordered.||We suggest signing up for the My Updates as the best way to monitor incoming products. You will receive email notifications of our newest stock items. You can also access the "New Items" section of our website at anytime. (A link to the "New Items" section is located on our homepage under the "Search Index.") New Items are all products that have arrived within the last 21 days.