About Old Town Twin Otter Tandem Kayak - 14'
2nds. The Old Town Otter tandem kayak is a longtime favorite of families.
- A comfortable, stable and easy to paddle two-person design
- Molded seats with fold-down backrests
- Footbraces for paddling stability
- Bungee rigging
- Weight capacity: 500 lb.
- Length: 14'
- Width: 31"
- Depth: 14"
- Cockpit: 21x 94"
- Weight: 68 lb.
- Material: Three-layer polyethylene
- Made in USA.
- Boats are cosmetic 2nds and may come with minor blemishes, not unlike those that will be incurred on the first outing. To ensure your satisfaction, please remove all packaging material immediately upon arrival, and inspect for damage prior to signing acceptance form from carrier. Note any damage on carrier's document, and contact Sierra Trading Post with any problems. Delivery Charge: $125. Must ship via truck within the continental U.S. only. Cannot be applied to special shipping offers.
- Visit our Kayaking Gear Guide
Specs about Old Town Twin Otter Tandem Kayak - 14'
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Reviewed by steve from Iowa on Friday, April 3, 2009This is our second (see my other post). Received it and although it states in the listing that it is a "Blem" I couldn't find anything... not even a scratch. We got the Red one, which actually has a black speckle pattern to it. Looks great. Our older model we purchased used for $575. Bought this one new for [$]. These Twin Otter kayaks are fun and easy to paddle. Could probably hold a lot of cargo if solo also.
- Best Uses: Lakes and Rivers, Perfect for kids
- Cons: Seats could be softer
- Pros: Easy in and out, Fairly light, Great for kids, Stable
Reviewed by steve from Iowa on Wednesday, December 10, 2008We own an older model of the Twin Otter. Absolutely perfect for families with kids. It is a bit heavy to move by yourself (it is a tandem so it is expected - lighter than a canoe). I can still lift it by myself on to our SUV. Very stable and easy to paddle. Also fun to fish from it. Mainly use on area lakes. Looking at getting a second tandem, since no one really wants to wait their turn. If you are looking for a beginner kayak for a couple or family THIS IS IT.
- Best Uses: Lakes, Slow rivers
- Pros: Durable, Good Value, High Quality
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.