Fabric pills

Reviewed by Ames from Boston, MA on Sunday, April 19, 2015
I bought this jacket to use both in the rain and as a shell for my down jacket in the winter. For the most part I love the design of this jacket. The hood stashes into the collar & the full length pit zips are handy, especially while snowshoeing. My boyfriend was so impressed with the design of this jacket that he bought the men's version for himself. I haven't had a chance to really test it in heavy rain yet, however it has performed adequately from drizzles to moderate rainfall.
My one BIG complaint about this jacket is the fabric. Anywhere it rubs against itself or something rubs up against it the fabric has pilled significantly in the 5 or so months I have had this jacket. 90% of the time I wear this jacket casually, walking to work. The other 10% of the time has been hiking or snowshoeing so I really question the longevity of this jacket. The pilling is the worst where the zipper from the pit zip ribs under the arms. There is also pilling on the lower back & shoulders from wearing my daypack.
If you are looking for a jacket to wear casually to & from work, & walking around town this jacket would be sufficient. If you are looking for something to use technically for hiking, backpacking, or snowshoeing keep looking.
Previous Review “NOT waterproof”
“Great price, amazing poncho feature...” Next Review