Average Rating based on 1 reviews 4.000000 0 5
Reviewed by Casual from Colorado on Wednesday, February 3, 2016Good pack. Not great. Haven't yet used it for a full day outdoors, only inside loaded up with 15-25 pounds of random stuff to get a feel for it.
I'm 5'10 160 pounds. For sizing reference, I wear an Medium in osprey packs. This pack fits me well.
- Fabric feels burly.
- Sits close to body. This comes at the expense of not much padding. Hip straps and shoulder straps are padded very thinly.
- Main compartment has a webbed pouch, a waterproof pouch. Nice for quick access.
- Compression straps work well
- Pack is narrow. Good for climbing, but if you're used to wider packs it'll be weird to load up.
- Removable hip straps. Makes it easy to wear over a harness
- Small gear loop on hip strap
- Rope carry
- Gear loops
- No internal frame. The HDPE frame listed on the specs is very flimsy. When I thought HDPE I thought of those translucent nalgene bottles and expected something more substantial. You'll feel it in your shoulders a bit with a heavy enough load.
- Ice axe holder doesn't hold the head of the axe well. The other option is to have the head of the axe moving around at neck level. (Or I just couldn't figure out how to use it well). Works fine for trekking poles.
- No pocket on hip strap.
- NO SIDE ZIPPER INTO THE COMPARTMENT! This is huge for me. If there's a rope up top and a jacket packed on top of your pack it's a pain in the [...] getting to stuff in the middle of the pack without a zipper. Bit of a dealbreaker.
Overall good pack, especially for the price if you get a 35% off coupon emailed to you. However the lack of a zipper into the side compartment and internal frame are really disappointing.