Customer Reviews Of:
Outdoor Research Mentor Gore-Tex® Pro Pants - Waterproof (For Men)
Closeouts. You'll climb higher and longer in Outdoor Research's Mentor Gore-Tex® Pro pants. The waterproof, windproof and highly breathable shell pants feature Gore-Tex® Pro Stretch panels at the knees, seat and thighs for increased mobility, full-length side zips for easy on-off and ventilation, and Kevlar® scuff guards for rugged protection.
Reviewed by Hunter T from Oregon on Tuesday, January 10, 2017I have a 32.5 waist and these just barely fit with no layers underneath. I was hoping to use them hunting but they are super noisy. Super high quality and great for snow or rain sports when noise is not an issue. If you are on the edge or plan to wear over layers, size up.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Curt from Minnetonka, MN on Tuesday, January 10, 2017I purchased mediums as I typically do, but these run small (and a little short) so I'm going to have to return them. I pains me to do so because they look like excellent quality rain pants.
Reviewed by Davey Crockett from Tennessee, California on Wednesday, March 16, 2016Generally the fit was as expected. The Medium fit my 160lb frame and 33inch waist very well. The length was slightly long for me at about 32 inches.
So the fit, amazing quality and finish plus legendary Gore Tex Pro will no doubt do its job, and this bib pant may be the perfect solution for you. I personally found the shortcomings outweighed the benefits of this OR product, and went with a Berghaus Oktang Gore Tex Pro pant instead.
So the cons include...
- found the cuff draw cord hook and loop scheme very complex and could predict how annoying it would be on an expedition, although I did like the idea of being able to cinch with shock cord; but also found the shock cord did not tighten easily enough to make a good seal around the boot unless used to wrap under the boot as an instep lace
- while the shock cord closure can be used to wrap under the boot as an instep lace, it just felt like it was in the way all the time when not in use or pulled down too much when in instep lace mode, thus stressing the fit and the pant wear
- huge thighs with plenty of air even though I am by no means a thin guy. I appreciate room for layering options but these are like balloons pants
- a previous version of these pants sat higher in the waist, thus giving better protection from the elements
- also unlike the previous OR Mentor bib version, does not have the built-in gaiters
- will fit over hiking/ expedition/ mountain/ snow boots... but not ski boots, in case you were considering that
A lot of features to love in the OR Mentor Gore Tex Pro bib. The pocket orientation, waterproof pockets, zippers, and a cinch-up everything scheme. Again the quality is amazing. Just not for me.