Customer Reviews Of:
DaKine Jewel 26L Backpack (For Women)
Closeouts. Leave it to DaKine to satisfy a woman's need for pattern and color. Cuteness abounds in DaKine's Jewel 26L backpack, and it's practically organized, too. The large main compartment stows books, binders, clothing and shoes, and the padded laptop compartment (up to 14" laptop) has a side access pocket for easy retrieval. Other amenities include plush-lined sunglass pocket, insulated cooler pocket and organizer.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by AKBirdie from Alaska on Monday, September 25, 2017I love all the pockets and it's a great size.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Bayrard from Colorado on Friday, September 8, 2017My daughter loves this new backpack. She is in 8th grade and it has good space for all of her books and binders. We own a few dakine bags and have been happy with them through the years.
Reviewed by natalieg from Sisters, OR on Monday, August 28, 2017DaKine thinks of everything with this backpack! Not only do you get such a fun array of fabric patterns to choose from, every single pocket and feature has been so well thought out. I bought two of these for my daughters (late elementary school and middle school) and let me tell you, after years of buying high end school bag after school bag, the Jewel backpack is our winner.
• SPACE! the main compartment is large enough to fit their books/binders/folders AND an extra drawstring bag holding after school activities gear (dance, soccer, etc). It's proportionately tall, too. This enables you to place heavier books/binders in AND still have room to toss something on top- like that jacket you needed in the morning, or the extra gym shoes you need on Tuesdays.
• LAPTOP COMPARTMENT! the padded laptop compartment is perfect for the chromebook my middle schooler needs to carry around. The side access zipper allows her to get it out while having one backpack strap over her shoulder. This makes it so easy on the go between classes as well as to and from her locker. Not only does it have a laptop sleeve, this compartment also has a lined iPad sleeve. Bam. I feel a lot better about my kids transporting these types of expensive electronics around (when they need to!) with a safe, secure place to store them.
• INSULATED COOLER POCKET! this one I was on the fence about until the bag arrived. In researching other sites trying to figure out exactly how much this pocket would hold, I read conflicting accounts. One site stated it held one can of soda; another claimed three. My hope was it could replace the need for a separate padded lunch bag. Good news-- for us it can! Now, I wouldn't say my husband (the hungry man he is) would be able to replace his ginormous Stanley cooler tote with this bag, but for kids or even me, this is a perfect solution. This pocket is roughly 8.5"x10"x3". My girls carry to school a bento box-like plastic lunch container (spill proof and with dividers- enough space for a sandwich/bagel, fruit, snacks, etc), a few packaged items (granola bars, fruit snacks, etc), and a slim freezable ice pack to keep things cool. IT ALL FITS. #winning
• MESH SIDE POCKETS. A pet peeve of mine is those fishnet-like side pockets for water bottles. Somehow they always seem to snag on stuff and get all ripped apart. DaKine's pockets on this bag are a smooth, stretchy fine mesh, reducing the snag-ability.
• POCKETS! the top outside pocket is so well organized. Lined spot for a phone (or, ehem, graphic calculator), pens/pencils, inside zippered portion for loose items or lunch money, and outside zippered pocket for quick access. The lined sunglasses pocket is really nice to have.
Overall? All great! The fabric is substantial, the patterns are so cool, the lining is fun, the zippers are sturdy, and it's a good overall size. In summary, I couldn't be more pleased and know my girls are stoked as well. Plus a lifetime warranty from DaKine? Yes please.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Eliza D from Wisconsin on Thursday, May 18, 2017I have needed a new backpack for nearly a year now, and this one fit the bill for me! It's cute, comfortable, and doesn't overwhelm my small frame like my old backpack did. As a college student, I love the separate laptop compartment, it makes classes far easier. If you're like me and take notes on your laptop, the ease of access that this backpack allows is excellent! Overall, good, high quality backpack at a great price!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Kate from Hawaii on Sunday, February 26, 2017This pack is not a good hiking pack, better for a school backpack.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Bonnie G. from New York on Wednesday, February 1, 2017This backpack is awesome! The quality is superb, and the price was a steal! Also, dealing with Sierra Trading post was such a pleasure. I had to return slippers that didn't fit, and I used the credit to purchase this backpack. The transaction was easy and stress-free. Thank you!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by V Lundo from Arizona on Wednesday, January 25, 2017The pockets are functional, the laptop compartment is a great size and keeps it snug, and the colors are great.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Mom from Minnesota from St. Paul on Saturday, May 14, 2016I bought this pack because I was looking for something easy to carry for short trips. It is very comfortable and has lots of pockets for organization. I wish it were just a little bit bigger for travel, but if you are looking for a pack for school or commuting, this is great.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Melissa from Texas on Wednesday, April 13, 2016This backpack has so many features. I love the cooler pocket and the sunglasses pocket. I am 5'4" and I thought the backpack would be too long for me but it's fine.