Customer Reviews Of:
Fox River Sport Outdoor Socks - Quarter Crew (For Women)
Closeouts. Ideal for everything from neighborhood stroll to intense gym session, Fox River's Sport Outdoor socks offer an articulated, cushioned design, complete with a wicking, durable performance knit.
Average Rating based on 11 reviews 3.727272 0 5
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Shiskaberry the Dog Walker from Brooklyn, NY on Thursday, June 8, 2017A little big since their sizes are in ranges (bought 6-10 and my shoe size is 6.5) but it's super soft and comfy. One of the best pairs I own.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Tina from Maine on Monday, April 10, 2017Love this height sock, not too short or long. Good cushioning makes these pretty comfortable for long days on your feet.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by jenn b from Berkeley on Tuesday, March 14, 2017My daughter's new favorite every day sock
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Danielle from Colorado on Monday, May 2, 2016I ordered 2 pairs. They are great socks, thick and comfortable. But one pair I received had 2 different size socks.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Tri guy from St, Louis on Tuesday, April 26, 2016Lightweight, comfortable seams, light cushioning. Should be good for warm weather hiking. Size M fits Men's 6.5 or Women's 8 foot just right
Verified Buyer Reviewed by MJ in Parowan from Utah on Saturday, April 23, 2016These socks were originally listed as merino wool. This has since been fixed. They are in fact recycled polyester. The socks seem like decent socks, just not what I thought I was getting. Sierra Trading Post Customer Service though was tops. They refunded my money no problem and invited me to donate the socks to my favorite charity. Pretty classy if you ask me.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by saltgirl from Oregon on Tuesday, April 19, 2016Good socks for transitioning between seasons-- heavy enough to cushion my feet when hiking but light enough to be comfy as the weather heats up. I like the color choices, too.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by JennaWY from Wyoming on Monday, April 18, 2016I love these socks so much I have several pair. They are well cushioned and cool in the summer yet feel warm on cooler days. I like the crew height to wear with over the ankle hiking boots.
Reviewed by lf from TN on Friday, April 8, 2016These are 59% nylon, not 59% wool.
I sacrificed one pair to the returns gods to try them out, in case they were spectacular. They're not; although they are pretty nice socks they weren't good enough that I could overlook STP's mislabeling. Back the others go.
- a week's hard wearing and several washes caused no pilling, weave problems, or loose threads that I can see.
- the price seemed good
- they're a little stuffy, and don't breathe as well as a wool sock, even on a spring day in the mid-60s
- although they aren't terrible, they are smellier than wool, as a short backpacking trip showed me
- the cushioning is a little bulky. Fine in sneakers/keens/etc but made my cycling shoes feel tighter than I liked. Think the texture and thickness of high-quality men's crew socks, not smart wool cycling or running socks.
- I like my socks on the snug side, because a heel that rides up drives me nuts. Seemed a touch loose out of the package, shrank to perfect after a wash and dry, but stretched out again during a day's wearing. I got the medium, and my shoe size is a women's 8-8.5 or a european 39.
Go ahead and get them if cushier synthetic socks are your thing, and you'll probably like them fine.
Reviewed by Tonya from Texas on Wednesday, April 6, 2016I bought these because I was looking specifically wool socks. I ordered 8 pairs. They are polyester and other synthetic material - no wool at all.
They're nice quality, comfortable socks if you don't care about them not being wool. But since I wanted wool, they are going back.