Customer Reviews Of:
Jack Wolfskin Nova Scotia Texapore Jacket - Waterproof, Insulated (For Women)
Closeouts. Jack Wolfskin's Nova Scotia jacket is superior in every way: two-layer waterproofing, windproof, fully insulated, and outfitted with massive pockets to store all your stuff. It's toasty warm from top to bottom, complete with an insulated, zip-off hood and extra-durable woven nylon exterior. Who wins now, winter?
Verified Buyer Reviewed by star from CT on Monday, December 12, 2016The jacket looks good and fits nicely. Seems warm enough and quite comfortable!
Reviewed by Cort from DC on Wednesday, May 4, 2016Pros:
1. Warm enough for late fall through early winter
2. Waterproof and windproof (really)
3. The neck lining and interior lining is so soft I kept petting it like a cat
4. There are multiple storage pockets which are roomy and durable. Functional pockets seem to be a rarity in women's clothes, so this is a big selling point for me
5. Love the special hand pockets; soft and warm
6. The zip (not button!) hood keeps the draft out
7. Added draft-block of the buttoned zipper protector
8. Sizing is true and this navy/yellow color combo is really nice
1. It's not quite warm enough for me in extreme cold (single digits/zero). I might be able to fix that with a thick base layer, and the cut of the jacket is roomy enough to allow this.
Overall: Very glad I kept this. Would recommend!
Reviewed by netrunnr from planet earth on Monday, May 2, 2016I bought this jacket in burlington last week as I came unprepared for the frosty weather. it is an oversized medium. I am normally a medium womans, and this jacket was a medium but with enough room for sweater and down vest under should I need it. the cuffs are windproof and the jacket is warm with amazing amounts of pockets in it for various needs. I normally never wear a below the waist jacket - but I think I am converted now. I was out in the pouring icy rain and it kept me warm, windproof and waterproofed. very happy with my impulse purchase. not sure what low temps it can withstand but based on my experience, I am pretty sure it will be great until dec. I feel it is my new "in between seasons" jacket.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Michelle from West Virginia on Tuesday, April 5, 2016I have not had a chance to wear this in extremely cold weather, but it is extremely warm! The material seems very durable and strong. It has quite a few draw strings to make a contoured fit. The jacket fits true. I look forward to enjoying this jacket for a long time.
Reviewed by Michelle from WI on Wednesday, January 13, 2016This is by far the warmest jacket I have ever owned. Now that winter has hit Wisconsin, I have been able to test things out. I generally wear M/L and have this in a L. It is quite roomy (to my liking) so I would say the fit is true to size. It is completely wind proof and has very large (and numerous) pockets. I have it in the Earth Orange and the color is slightly darker than the image (could be the lighting). I love the color and also the fur and/or hood can be removed. It appears very well made and IMO, worth every penny.
Reviewed by Barefooter from CA on Wednesday, January 6, 2016The jacket is well-made and seems warm, but the fit is very odd. It fits well in the shoulders, but then it balloons out just below the chest. This might be a good jacket if you're six months pregnant. I sent it back.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by P.S. from Wisconsin on Monday, November 16, 2015Great jacket....seems true to size. To warm to warm as of yet, but imagine it will be great for this winters cold.