About Shun Classic Limited Edition Perfect Paring Knife - 3-1/2"
- Signature Pattern Damascus blade has a distinctive wood-grain look, created by polishing and bead-blasting the 16 layers on each side; it resists stains and helps the blade glide through food
- Convex-ground blade edges move food away quickly
- Waterproof and durable PakkaWood handles are infused with resin and won't harbor bacteria
- Blade: 3-1/2"
- Weight: 2.4 oz.
- Material: Stainless steel with resin-infused PakkaWood handle
- Made in Japan
- Please read our policy on ordering knives
- U.S. shipments only; cannot ship to New York state
Specs about Shun Classic Limited Edition Perfect Paring Knife - 3-1/2"
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
4.600000 5 Overall Rating: 4.6 Based on 10 reviews
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by mustangrider001 from Vancouver, Canada on Monday, September 12, 2011
This knife is a great compliment to any knife set as it has a uniquely shaped blade. At 3.5 inches, the blade is great for shaping/slicing/cutting smaller fruits/veggies. The knife has great balance and weight and is easy to handle/hold. Like all Shun Classic knives, it comes extremely sharp right o... Read More
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Sungold from San Juan Islands on Sunday, November 27, 2011I use this knife to peel difficult vegetables like turnips and rutabagas - as long as you don't hold the vegetable in your hand while cutting. The knife has such a sharp point near the grip that it can give you a really good cut if you slip. It is great though for really hard, tough items as long as you're paying attention and don't get careless. Boy does it cut through things easily and you can tell the knife is very high quality.
- Best Uses: Slicing and Dicing
- Cons: Very sharp point on side
- Pros: Very sharp stays sharp
Verified Buyer Reviewed by bobo from fremont, ca on Wednesday, November 9, 2011I'm a bit of a knife freak. Have well over 50 knives, from all the major players. All top line stuff. I like to hand sharpen each knife myself (whetstones of course) so I know each of my knives personally and intimately. This is the sharpest knife I have ever purchased... right out of the package. Probably could shave with it. Used it last night to mince some garlic and was amazed by the blade performance. The only downside I can think of is it will require a skilled hand to resharpen due to the variable geometry.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by EJM LTC RET from Iowa City, IA on Monday, October 31, 2011A good knife for paring & small knife uses. You could take a full carrot down with it, but you wouldn't want to. Very good for scallions or smaller peppers & such.
- Best Uses: Paring small knife use
- Pros: Sharp, Vetrsitile
Verified Buyer Reviewed by ski from jay,vt on Wednesday, October 12, 2011oveerall,does the job well
- Best Uses: Small jobs
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Paulig from Casper on Friday, September 30, 2011I got this item and liked it so well, I bought another one for a Christmas gift. One of the best knives I've ever had!
- Best Uses: Fruit veggies meats
- Pros: Accomodating shape, Great handle, Very sharp
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.