About Sixgill Skykomish Series Salmon/Steelhead Casting Rod - 2-Piece
Closeouts. Designed for salmon and steelhead bait-casting, Sixgill's Skykomish Series casting rod offers an excellent combination of sensitivity and control at an excellent value.
Specs about Sixgill Skykomish Series Salmon/Steelhead Casting Rod - 2-Piece
- Power: Light: Line wt. 6-12 lb., Lure wt. 1/8-5/8 oz.; Power: Medium: Line wt. 8-12 lb., Lure wt. 1/4-3/4 oz.; Power: Medium Heavy: Line wt. 12-20 lb., Lure wt. 1/4-1 oz.; Power: Heavy: Line wt. 15-25 lb., Lure wt. 1/2-1-1/2 oz.
- Number of pieces: 2
- Type of grip: Two handed
- Type of cork: Natural
- Reel seat: Down locking
- Reel seat material: Composite with aluminum hood
- Spacer material: Composite
- Rod material: Graphite
- Guide material: Stainless steel
- Recommended use: Freshwater
- Made in China
- Visit our Fishing Rod and Reel Guide
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 4-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Fisher dad from NJ on Friday, November 24, 2017Bought this rod (The 9'-6" version, model # SC906L-2) to use for drift fishing with floats for steelheads. Looks pretty good. Like the number of guides (17, with top) and the fact that the rod is matt black, NOT shiny. Also has - albeit small - black thru handle touch. Not tested on fish yet, but did some test casting with a float and slinky in a local river. Had good control over the set-up and could easily feel the small bumps when dragging bottom. Think this will be a good rod in my collection. And the price was very attractive too. Now waiting to test it with a steelhead on, that would be nice and the ultimate test!
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.