The way a hiking boot should be made.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by grouseboy from New Hampshire on Thursday, April 12, 2012
I'd been hoping to find a leather boot without Gore-tex. Since I only hike on sunny days, why would I want a hiking boot with a plastic sock sewn in? The craftsmanship, fit and finish of these boots is second to none. They are built with old world techniques that are becoming harder and harder to find. This is not a boot that feels like a sneaker right out of the box, and you have to earn the fit through several days of break in, but after they mold to your feet, the fit is perfect. I expect them to outlast me.
- Arch Type: High Arch
- Best Uses: Day Hiking, Heavy Loads, Light Loads, Long-Distance Hiking
- Cons: Heavy, Long Break-in
- Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer
- Pros: Ankle Support, Awesome construction, Good Arch Support, Goretex free, Great Traction, Sturdy/Durable
- Sizing: Feels true to size
- Was this a gift?: No
- Width: Feels true to width
Most helpful positive reviews
Most helpful negative reviews
Similar items and more information in the following areas: